Ep157: The 2022 Life Update Show
As Eleanor Roosevelt famously said, Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so today I simply want to say hello, reconnect and bring you up to speed on what I’ve been up to and what I have planned for 2022.
Hello and welcome to episode 157: The 2022 Life Update Show.
It’s been a minute since I published an episode and I simply wanted to touch base and provide a quick life and business update. So, let’s go.
Life Updates 2022:
- In early January of 2022, I had to move out of my little old beach cottage that I have been happily renting for over 11 years because it was sold (big bummer)
- I lost my full-time job of 3+ years at Simplecast/SiriusXM on the exact same day (also a bummer because of the bad timing)
- The good news is I found an awesome place for rent right across the alley from my old cottage and I love the new digs/studio.
- The other good news is that I can focus on Mike Murphy Co and making a living as a tutorial maker and content creator (which is my North Star)
“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” - Eckhart Tolle
Life Updates 2021:
- The pandemic life was not fun, but Florida ignored it and my day-to-day routines did not change all that much
- I remained healthy throughout and never tested positive, but who knows
- The podcasting industry blew up during the pandemic which was a good thing, but I also started to burn out a little
- I took a 7-week leave of absence in August of 2021 to recharge my mind and body
Trip of A Lifetime
- I walked from St. Jean Pied de Port, France (starting on Aug 26, 2021)
- I walked 15-20 miles per day for 40+ days over the Pyrenees and across all of Spain
- I ended up in Muxia, Spain in early October and walked a total of 650 miles
- The Camino life was simple and incredible
- The mantra I lived by was 'One thing to do and all day to do it (walk from Village A to Village B)'
- The to-do list was Walk, Eat, Drink, Sleep, Repeat.
Resources Mentioned in Episode:
Movie: The Way starring Martin Sheen
If you have any thoughts about going, do it! It's beyond words how amazing the experience was.
Book: The Courage To Be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi
It's a book about how to find happiness and I really enjoyed it. It was recommended by a great YouTuber named Ali Abdaal.
Mike Murphy Co in 2022:
- My main focus is on growing the Mike Murphy Co YouTube channel and increasing revenue streams
- Weekly Livestreams
- Creating a digital product (class)
- Writing on Medium
- Freelance & Consulting Gigs (helping people figure things out)
Mike Murphy Unplugged Podcast:
- No set schedule or pressure on me to publish, but there will be new episodes
- I see it evolving into more of a personal audio journal to connect with you and the community
- The podcast will be my outlet to share life and business updates.
Amazon Associates Disclosure:
Mike Murphy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Episode Notes: https://mikemurphy.co/ep157
Support the show