Today is the 4th Anniversary of Mike Murphy Unplugged and I take a walk down memory lane and look at the takeaways from year 1 and see how they hold up today…a few years later !
In this Episode 155:
A big thank you to all of you who have been with me since the beginning of this journey! Cheers!
In this episode, I look at my Top 10 Takeaways from Year One and see how they stack up today. Year 1 Mike vs. 2019 Mike
The Top 10 List is from 2016 (Listen for 2019 Comparison)
- Podcasting is a big commitment and hard work:
- I am proud to be a one-man band
- Podcasting has made me a better teacher, thinker, writer…
- Podcasting has me be more confident in my abilities
- Podcasting can be fun and creative
- Writing scripts is not fun (but are rewarding)
- Done is definitely better than perfect
- Having templates and systems are Essential
- I stink at self-promotion & marketing
- Do it for yourself and everything will always be worth it. (2019)
Quotes from 2016:
Karen Lamb: “A year from now you will wish you had started today”.
Wayne Gretzky: “You miss 100% of the shots you never take”.
- Patience is the key to most things in life.
- Everything takes time, but you have to take initiative
- Start creating and doing and taking chances
- Launching the podcast was my first big shot on goal towards creating the life I wanted.
- If I can do it, so can you.
Happy 4th Anniversary and Thank You!
Thank you for joining me today and I hope you join my one man band and together we can Learn. Create & Move Forward. Cheers, Mike.
Contact Me:Support the show
My Domestika Course:
Introduction To Adobe Audition